What to do if a motor vehicle accident occurs:
- Call 911 to report injuries and notify police
- Write down names, addresses, phone numbers, and license plate numbers of any witnesses, people and vehicles involved
- Do NOT discuss the accident with anyone except the police, your attorney, or a health care professional as needed to treat any injuries
- Do NOT sign a statement for anyone unless you are advised to do so by your attorney
- If you are able to do so safely, take photos of the location of the vehicles involved in the accident (use the camera on your cell phone or a camera you keep in your car; a disposable camera with flash will work).
- Always think about safety at the scene — stay out of the way of moving traffic as much as possible
- Do NOT admit fault unless on the advice of your attorney.
- DO report any pain, discomfort or injury to police and medical personnel on scene
Disclaimer: The materials on this form are for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice, do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Meisel Law Group, or any of its attorneys or clients, and are not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up-to-date. This is not intended to create any attorney-client relationship between you and Meisel Law Group, and you should not act on or rely on any information in this document without seeking the advice of any attorney. Please note that no attorney-client relationship is created with the firm absent an express agreement between the firm and the client.
Please print the accompanying PDF, fold and place in the glove box of your vehicle.